1. Boys Like Girls concert = PSO#*$U(_PSU*F(#$% SO AWESOME OMFG.
2. All Time Low (opening band for BLG) - SO FUCKING AWESOME I AM GOING TO MARRY ALEX GASKARTH. "I want to be inside you" (what he said to us onstage, not the name of a song :P) is still playing in my head. /heterofangirly. Also I have their cell phone number now. Don't ask. Oh yeah, baby. (I am also crushing on Brendon Urie at the moment, even though he stole my hair, but that's another day and another cup of coffee. P!ATD = love.)
3. FALL OUT BOY, PLAIN WHITE T'S, AND CUTE IS WHAT WE AIM FOR - NOVEMBER 3, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. I will stop using caps now.
5. I am so wearing my black pinstripe Converses to Keri's brother's wedding next week. That, and a black Express suit with a dress shirt and tie - because, identifying as a boy now and going by Colin, I refuse to wear anything feminine - except for the emo look, which is very complicated because for me it's girl-trying-to-look-like-boy-trying-to-
look-like-girl. Anyway, I look SO FUCKING HOT in the suit, you would just come all over yourself, trust me. And Keri is wearing this beautiful silvery dress with matching heels... we are going to be so gorgeous together it's really kind of disgusting. (I might make Alex wear a similar dress when we get married.)
6. Oh, yeah, by the way, I now have - A REAL JOB. I am AN EDITOR for WordsRU.com. My pic and bio should be up on their editors page within a few days (I'll be listed as Erin, as someone else was already Danielle... I thought about being Colin, but I couldn't figure out a way to make my bio entirely non gender specific - I'm good, but not that good :P); please do take a moment to check them out - they have "centres" in several continents, have been around for ages, and all of their editors have like Master's degrees and 20 years of experience, WTF AM I DOING THERE I AM SO INTIMIDATED!!!!!!!!!!! But disgustingly flattered.
So yeah. I FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER to "And what are you hoping to do now that you've graduated?" Instead of "Oh, I dunno, hopefully something in editing" (read: "Congratulations; you are the 100th person to ask me this; you die now"), I get to say well ACTUALLY, I'm an EDITOR.
It won't be full time right away, and it's not wickedly lucrative, though it will probably be more so in the future... the main thing is that it's going to look fantastic on my resume, and after a few years I can probably get a more high-paying position and put Keri through grad school, which is the ultimate goal.
Anyway. I'm still in the Writing Center too for the time being, because I love it here... they somehow just talked me into presenting at the SWCA (Southeastern Writing Center Association) Conference in February, AGAIN... they all but begged me. They'd already COME UP WITH MY DISCUSSION FOR THE PANEL. LOL. That's what I get for submitting to their *other* begging, for me to be the Outreach Coordinator. Seriously, I bet if I'd asked Dr. Odom to get down on her knees and beg me, she would have. How do I get talked into this shit?!
Oh well. All expenses paid; awesome peeps going; could be worse.
Oh, and guess what? I've been cross-dressing regularly when we go out (ace bandage = love, and really painful lack of ability to breathe, but meh), and it's working. Little girls flirt with me and I even got called a stupid fag by some jackass at the mall! (See my LJ bio for more info on my "psychological experiment" and getting hit on online by gorgeous emo boys.) Life is sweet.
Also, in true emo fashion, I am getting my lip pierced in a couple weeks (have to wait till after the wedding so Keri doesn't have to "hear about it," LOL). My friend Nicole and I are both going in for piercings because we are pussies and need someone else with us. Heh. I am already assuming it's going to hurt like a mother fucker, so it can't be any worse than what I'm fearing. What is least appealing is the fact that I probably won't be able to kiss for days, even weeks. When I got the second holes in my ears, they were sensitive for MONTHS.
I just bought Keri the most awesome birthday cards. I can't wait to show her. We have been having so much fun lately. We've recently worked through what has been a big issue for us, and it's a wonderful feeling. We've been watching bad porn and awesome videos on YouTube of our favourite bands performing live, and working out a lot, which is great (I have abs to die for), and singing, and plotting our mock music videos. We have an official band name now, too: Boys With Instruments (the origin of this can be found on my Facebook profile).
I love that I love her a million times more than I did three years ago, and I love how that keeps being all exponential as time goes on. <3
ALSO, (!!!!), my parents are buying me a 22-inch moniter (hi-def with SHIZNIT SPEAKERS) for my computer for my new job, AND I got a new ergonomic keyboard, AND they're getting me a real office chair. P#*O$&P(*U(P#*$.
Guess what I'm going to do: post this and NOT CHECK FOR TYPOS. Ugh. Let's see if I can do it. (ETA: Couldn't.)
Also, recent photos:http://kennesaw.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2084349&l=38396&id=23213526http://kennesaw.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2090194&l=a723a&id=23213526http://kennesaw.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2091022&l=47141&id=23213526http://kennesaw.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2090342&l=2c6d0&id=23213526http://kennesaw.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2091480&l=b0b55&id=23213526http://kennesaw.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2088574&l=60456&id=23213526